If you’re planning to visit the Puyallup Fair, which opens today, here’s some basic information to help you get around, courtesy of the fine folks at the fair.
Be sure to . We’ve got a booth Sept. 9-15, so come on by to meet Patch staffers and enter to win an iPad 2. We’re between the Purple and Green gates, just inside the entrance to Sillyville, near the giant Ferris wheel and next to The Cutest Show on Earth.
- Where: Puyallup Fair & Events Center, 110 9th Ave. S.W., Puyallup, WA 98371.
- When: Sept. 9-25, 10 a.m.–10 p.m. Sunday–Thursday; 10 a.m.–11 p.m. Friday-Saturday.
- Information hot line: (253) 841–5045.
- Online: thefair.com.
- Tickets: Adults $11, Youth (6-18 years) $9, Seniors (62+) $9, 5 and under free.
- Parking: Monday-Friday, $10; Saturday-Sunday, $12.
- Transit: The fair offers the “Fair Express” now that Pierce Transit is no longer offering special bus service to the fair. Look for yellow Puyallup Fair Express buses that take you to the Green Gate for $3 one way or $4 round-trip. They run daily from South Hill Mall in Puyallup, between Macy’s and Sears; Tacoma Mall, north of Macy’s; and Lakewood Towne Center, behind Barnes & Noble. On Fridays-Sundays, the express also runs in Puyallup from Fourth Street Northwest and River Road, adjacent to Kmart.
You can find all the details on getting to the fair here.
You can buy discounted advance tickets at and Walgreens, plus South Hill Mall. You’ll save $2 on adult tickets and $1.50 on youth and senior tickets.
Walgreens also has a season pass that offers unlimited gate attendance all 17 days of the fair, plus half-price weekday parking coupons, concert offers, rodeo and fair merchandise coupons, a free scone offer and more. Adults $29.50, Youth (6-18) $19.50.
There’s a full list of deals and special days at the fair here.
And you can find the entertainment lineup here.