The National Weather Service Seattle updated their Special Weather Statement Friday morning for Redmond and surrounding areas for the weekend. It includes everything from snow in the passes to a risk of thunderstorms in the lowlands. The statement:
COOL WET WEATHER WILL PREVAIL ACROSS WESTERN WASHINGTON LATER TODAY THROUGH THIS WEEKEND WITH SNOW IN THE MOUNTAINS...
RAIN WILL SPREAD ACROSS WESTERN WASHINGTON FROM THE NORTHWEST LATER TODAY...THEN A COLD FRONT WILL BRING RAIN AND WINDY CONDITIONS AS IT MOVES THROUGH THE AREA THIS EVENING.
MOIST ONSHORE FLOW WILL ACCOMPANY AN UPPER TROUGH BEHIND THE FRONT...FOR COOL SHOWERY AND BREEZY WEATHER LATER TONIGHT AND THIS WEEKEND.
A PUGET SOUND CONVERGENCE ZONE WILL DEVELOP LATE TONIGHT OR SATURDAY AND CONTINUE INTO SUNDAY...FOCUSING MUCH OF THE SHOWER ACTIVITY IN THE CENTRAL AND NORTHERN PUGET SOUND REGION. IN ADDITION THE AIR MASS WILL BE SOMEWHAT UNSTABLE AND THE CONVERGENCE ZONE COULD HELP TRIGGER AFTERNOON AND EVENING THUNDERSTORMS SATURDAY OR SUNDAY.
THE SNOW LEVEL WILL BE AROUND 3000 FEET AS THE COLD FRONT MOVES THROUGH...AND UP TO 6 INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED IN THE MOUNTAINS LATER TODAY AND TONIGHT. THE HEAVIEST SNOW TONIGHT WILL PROBABLY FALL AT MOUNT BAKER AND MOUNT RAINIER. THE SNOW LEVEL WILL FALL TO 1500 TO 2500 FEET THIS WEEKEND WITH ANOTHER 4 TO 11 INCHES OF SNOW LIKELY. THE HEAVIEST SNOW THIS WEEKEND COULD BE IN THE SNOQUALMIE PASS TO STEVENS PASS AREA WHERE THE CONVERGENCE ZONE EXTENDS INTO THE CASCADES.
BE PREPARED FOR WINTER-LIKE WEATHER IF YOU PLAN TO VENTURE INTO THE MOUNTAINS THIS WEEKEND.
- Today - A 40 percent chance of rain after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 51. Light south southwest wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
- Tonight - Showers. Low around 40. South wind 10 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday - Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 11am. High near 49. Southwest wind 10 to 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night - Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 39. Southwest wind 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday - Showers likely, with thunderstorms also possible after 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 51. South southwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 60%.