Happy Independence Day! Looking for a spot to watch the fireworks this evening? Here are some scheduled public displays near Redmond:
- Bellevue Family Fourth, fireworks at 10:05 p.m. (events start at 2 p.m.), Bellevue Downtown Park
- The Great Carnation Fourth of July Celebration, fireworks at dusk (events 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.), Tolt-McDonald Park
- Kenmore Fourth of July Fireworks Show, 10 p.m., Log Boom Park
- Celebrate Kirkland, 10:15 p.m. (events start at 10 a.m.), Marina Park
- Newcastle 4th at the Lake Celebration, fireworks at 10 p.m. (live music starts at 8 p.m.), Lake Boren Park
- Renton's Fabulous 4th of July, 10 p.m. (events begin at noon), Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park
- , fireworks at 10 p.m. (events start at 6 p.m.), Upper Commons
If you're able to wait a week and a half, the city will be pulling out all the stops for its fireworks display on July 14 at .
The City of Redmond issued a news release last week reminding residents that fireworks are illegal within city limits. Violators are subject to a maximum fine of $5,000, or by jail time up to one year, or both.
spokesman Jim Bove said officers will be paying extra attention to and parks, where synthetic fields were damaged by fireworks earlier this week.
Fireworks are legal to set off in unincorporated King County from 9 a.m. to midnight on July 4.