It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Redmond Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new places to explore.
Is there something we missed? Let us know by sharing the event details in the comments section.
- Where/when: 8 to 10 p.m. Saturday at in Redmond
- Why go: Celebrate Redmond's 100th birthday with an evening of poetry at local coffee shop SoulFood Books. Redmond's poet laureate Rebecca Meredith will join other local poets in reading works from Redmond's new Centennial poetry anthology, titled 10 X 10.
- Pricing: Free
- Where/when: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Redmond Saturday Market
- Why go: Ever wanted to give wood turning a try? Join Redmond Saturday Market vendor for an ongoing demonstration of the craft, and don't forget to pick up some fresh fruits and veggies while you're there!
- Pricing: Free
- Where/when: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at
- Why go: Brush up on your local history while partaking in a community meal and enjoying live entertainment from the Old Time Fiddlers. Two History Hero awards will also be presented.
- Pricing: Free. Attendees are asked to bring a potluck dish to share.
- Where/when: 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday at Eastlake High School, 400 228th Ave. NE in Sammamish
- Why go: Unwind this Sunday afternoon with the sounds of the Sammamish Symphony Orchestra. A program lineup is available on the orchestra's website.
- Pricing: $16 for adults, $10 for students and seniors, free for kids 10 and younger