It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Redmond Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new places to explore.
Is there something we missed? Let us know by sharing the event details in the comments section.
- Where/When: 4 to 9 p.m. Saturday at the in Redmond.
- Why Go: Put your poker skills to use this Saturday and join the Redmond VFW 2995 as they host a Texas Hold’em tournament to benefit the Children’s Institute for learning differences.
- Cost: The suggested donation is $65. You can purchase tickets from Dick Watson by calling 425-990-0202 or online at http://www.charitypokeramerica.com/help_child.php.
- Where/When: 3 to 4 p.m. Saturday at the .
- Why Go: Interested in synchronized swimming, but not sure if it’s for you? Join the Seattle Synchronized Swim Team this Saturday as it hosts a free Try Synchro Day at the Redmond Pool. Just bring a cap, goggles, a nose clip and your swim suit.
- Cost: Free.
- Where/When: 9 p.m. on Friday and Saturday at in Redmond.
- Why Go: Split 2nd Improv, the hilarious improv show at SecondStory Repertory is back. Friday evening’s show is rated PG-13, whereas the next day's "Sinful Saturdays" performance will be for adults only. Whatever your preference, you'll be guaranteed a unique show that will incorporate audience suggestions into the action.
- Pricing: Admission is $15.
- Where/When: 4 and 7 p.m. Thursday, and 2 and 7 p.m. Saturday at in Redmond.
- Why Go: Join the drama students of this Saturday as they stage a production of The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare. The Merchant of Venice is considered one of Shakespeare’s comedies, although it explores some heavier themes such as mercy, the execution of the law, and Elizabethan attitudes of Christians and Jews towards one another. Enjoy the show!
- Cost: Tickets ($5 individual or $10 for the whole family) may be purchased at the door.