It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Redmond Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new places to explore.
Is there something we missed? Let us know by sharing the event details in the comments section.
- Where/When: 7-9 a.m. on Sunday, March 18, at in Redmond.
- Why Go: Take a break from watching all the buzzer beaters and join the city of Redmond for the March Madness 5K at Perrigo Park. The event is chip-timed and the first male/female finishers will win shoes from FootZone.
- Pricing: $20. Registration ends March 16. There is no day-of race registration! Bring nonperishable food for Hopelink donations.
- Where/When: 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday, March 16 and 17 at in Redmond
- Why Go: Come join in the eccentric fun as SecondStory Rep presents the cult classic Rocky Horror Show. A free sing-along party will be held prior to Saturday's performance, starting at 7:30 p.m.
- Pricing: Tickets are $15
- Where/When: 7:30-9 p.m. on Saturday, March 17, at .
- Why Go: Join the Eastside Symphony Orchestra as they perform two popular orchestral suites by Copland and Holst, as well as a unique work for low flutes and strings that was commissioned for the Eastside Symphony. Also on the program is an original composition by one of the orchestra members.
- Cost: $10 for adults, $7 for seniors and youths.
- Where/When: 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 17, in downtown Kirkland.
- Why Go: Run or walk your way through beautiful Kirkland in celebration of St. Patrick's Day at the first-annual Kirkland Shamrock 5K Race & Family Fun Run this Saturday. The course runs through Kirkland with many vistas of the Olympic Mountains and Lake Washington. Runners and walkers alike will find a pot of gold awaiting them at the finish line and receive complimentary entrance to the post-race festivities at The Wilde Rover Irish Restaurant.
- Pricing: Registration is $35.
- Where/When: 7:30 p.m.-12 a.m. on Saturday, March 17, at in Bellevue.
- Why Go: Don’t forget your dancing shoes for this fun family friendly event at the Lake Sammamish Foursquare Church. DJ Bizzel will be on site all night playing all your favorite tunes.
- Pricing: $10 per person, children younger than 8 are free.