It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Redmond Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new places to explore.
Is there something we missed? Let us know by sharing the event details in the comments section.
- Where/When: 7 p.m. Friday, April 27, at the .
- Why Go: Support Redmond's young comedians by stopping by the Old Fire House for a night full of laughter. The third-annual comedy show will feature a handful of local comedians as well as the Eastlake Improv Team and RHS teacher Rob Noteboom as host.
- Pricing: $7 or $5 with canned food donation for Hopelink
- Where/When: 11 a.m. Sunday, April 29 on the Sammamish River Trail (starts and finishes at )
- Why Go: Over 50 but still young at heart? Join the trainers at Serious About Fitness for a 5K run/walk and fitness challenge just for those who are 50 years old or older. The run will take place along the Sammamish River Trail and include toning exercises along the way.
- Pricing: Registration is $45 and includes a long-sleeve shirt and post-even lunch. All proceeds benefit Hopelink.
- Where/When: 6 to 9 p.m. Sunday, April 29, at .
- Why Go: Join SoulFood Books and local designers Stroke of Midnight for a fashion show benefitting two great causes—Seattle Children's Hospital and the American Cancer Society. Event includes hors d'oeuvres and a silent auction featuring designer apparel.
- Pricing: General admission is $10; VIP tickets are $20. All proceeds benefit Seattle Children's and ACS.
- Where/When: 9 a.m. Saturday, April 28, at .
- Why Go: Help keep the spirit of Earth Day alive by joining Green Redmond Partnership for a park cleanup this Saturday. Tools and gloves will be provided; all you need is warm clothing and sturdy shoes.
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: 8 p.m. Friday, April 27, and Saturday, April 28; 2 p.m. Sunday, April 29 at .
- Why Go: This weekend is your last chance to catch Tony Award-winning Amadeus at SecondStory Rep. The play is a dramatic story of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's final years and is directed by Corey McDaniel, SSR's new artistic director.
- Pricing: General admission tickets are $25.