JJ Mahoney's St. Pat's Run/Walk
- Where/When: 1 p.m. Saturday, March 9, on the Sammamish River Trail
- Info: Join JJ Mahoney's for a St. Patrick's Day event that puts the fun back in fun run. The 5K event starts and finishes under the bridge at Northeast 90th Street. Prizes will be awarded for most creative costume. Click here to see photos of the event in 2011.
- Pricing: $20 in advance ($15 for kids) or $25 day-of. Includes T-shirt, drinks and donation to Kindering.org.
VALA Art Center Grand Opening
- Where/When: Various times throughout the weekend (click here for schedule) at 7303 164th Ave. NE in Redmond Town Center
- Info: It's a big weekend for VALA Eastside as the nonprofit arts organization celebrates the opening of its new space in Redmond Town Center. The opening party and artist reception takes place from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday and will include wine and other refreshments.
- Pricing: Most events are free. Click here for complete pricing info.
- Where/When: 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday, March 9, at Redmond Town Center
- Info: The popular exotics auto show returns for a new season this Saturday. The event touts itself as the "largest weekly car gathering north of Los Angeles" and takes place on the south side of the shopping center near BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse (formerly Desert Fire).
- Pricing: Free
Redmond Historical Society Monthly Meeting
- Where/When: 10:30 a.m. to noon Saturday, March 9, at the Old Redmond Schoolhouse Community Center.
- Info: Andy Weiss will be the featured speaker, telling stories of his immigrant family's early days in Salmonberg (Redmond), circa the late 1800s. From RHS: "He will bring to life what it was like living here at that time, the local culture, no electricity or running water, working in the woods, when the timber companies and railroads were king. Don’t miss this meeting."
- Pricing: Free
Did we miss your weekend event? Let us know in the comments, and be sure to add it to our events calendar.