Cinco de Mayo falls on a Saturday this year, beckoning burrito and margarita enthusiasts from all backgrounds to head out and mark the anniversary of the May 5, 1862, underdog defeat of Napolean's French army by Mexican soldiers.
Here is a list of bars and restaurants in Redmond that will be offering discounts or serving special items this Saturday. If you know of additional options, please add them in the comments below.
- will be holding a day-long fiesta from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. with beer and tequila specials all day. An outdoor tent will provide additional space, and a DJ will keep the party going into the evening.
- is getting the party started early with $1 mini Coronas and Pacificos from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. A DJ will be spinning Salsa, Merengue and Latin house music. The fiesta will continue until close at 2 a.m. No cover charge.
- will be serving up two special drinks on Cinco de Mayo: a $6 Cinco Margarita and a Cinco Shot + Beer special for $8. The regular lineup of $5 happy hour food options will be available from 4 to 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- will be opening at 9:30 a.m. for breakfast and offering numerous food specials, including homemade churros, carnitas enchiladas, carne asada burritos and $3 fish tacos. Drink options will include a Cuervo "Keep the Glass" shot special and "grande beer-garitas."
- Looking for something a bit more low-key? will offering a 5 for $5 deal on its crisp beef tacos in case you'd like to create your own mini-fiesta at home.