It’s the most wonderful time of the year—does anyone remember when Staples ran that back to school commercial with the father dancing down the aisles, tossing school supplies into the shopping cart while his two children glumly followed behind him? In just under two weeks, most Redmond kids will be going back to school.
Not sure what exactly to purchase for your child's first day? The Lake Washington School District has published a PDF file of each school's list here. (Just click on your school to access its individual website and find the list.) North Redmond's Sunrise Elementary, located within the Northshore School District, has published its supply list here.
So now that you know what to buy, the next question is where to go for the best deals. Redmond has plenty of options right here in town. Here are a few of our suggestions.
- is a one-stop shop for back-to-school supplies, snacks and clothing. This week's ad features deals on kids' clothes, dorm-room furnishings and school-lunch staples like Capri Sun drinks and granola bars.
- is having a back-to-school sale with many supplies, including highlighters, glue sticks and binders, available for 50 cents. The store is also giving away free backpacks and lunch totes with any $15 school purchase.
- , another favorite one-stop shopping location, is having a Price Blaster sale on school supplies, with specials on staples like binders, socks and backpacks this week.
- Speaking of , the store is currently having an "extreme deal" with one-cent spiral notebooks. The Staples website also has a coupon for $5 off a purchase of $25 or more.
- Bartell Drugs, with a location at both the and , is having a "basic needs" supply sale with pencils, glue, scissors, crayons and more available for 99 cents or less. While you're there, don't forget to pick up some extra items for Bartell's .
The first day of school for Lake Washington School District is Sept. 6; for students at Sunrise Elementary in the Northshore School District, the first day of school is Aug. 31.