Now you can get connected to the latest community news, weather, local business listings and events for your town with Patch for iPhone.
Search for it in the iTunes app store, or click here
Patch for iPhone lets you stay connected, engaged and mobile by delivering 24/7 coverage of Redmond. You can also take a look at 13 other cities in the Puget Sound area and more than 800 communities throughout the United States.
Some of the features of the app include adding events on Redmond Patch to your calendar, adding photos directly from your phone to stories, events and articles, saving your favorite items on Patch for convenience, and more.
The app is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch and iPad devices that run iOS 4.0 or later.
Some more features:
• The Front 5, to quickly access the most relevant stories of the day
• The weather report and forecast
• Community news, photos, and videos
• Events happening near you
• Area business listings, including: arts and entertainment, shopping, food and dining, community resources and more.
You can add:
• Your voice, by commenting on a story
• Your photos, by uploading them to stories and business listings
• Your favorite stories and business listings, by sharing them on Facebook or via email
• Your feedback about the app, by sending it directly to our team
• Save events to your iPhone’s calendar in seconds
• Save your favorite stories, business listings and events for easy access
Frequently Asked Questions
What is The Front 5?
The Front 5 is the first page to greet you on the iPhone app and contains the most relevant local news, events, and editor tweets.
What is the Favorites feature?
We have baked in a feature that lets users cache any Patch content for offline viewing (in airports, subways, etc.). It’s a pretty neat interface.
When will the app come out on Android?
Why don't you have a Patch for Issaquah (or insert-your-city-here)?
We are continually launching more Patch sites. It’s a lot of work, so bear with us in our journey. Until those sites are launched, our mobile app will be covering the 800+ Patch communities that are live.
Patch asks you:
What features would you like to see in your ideal Patch iPhone app? Please send your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org