It's Friday, and you have no idea what you’ll do this weekend.
Redmond Patch is coming to the rescue. We have the best bets for your done-with-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new places to explore.
- Where/When: Midnight to 1:30 a.m. Saturday morning (aka Friday night) at , 12248 Woodinville Redmond Road NE in Redmond.
- Why Go: Beloved Theno's Dairy will celebrate the arrival of October with a midnight release party for its legendary pumpkin ice cream tonight. The event is sure to be a delicious way to welcome the new season.
- Pricing: Admission is free. Cones range in price from $2.37-$4.62. Quarts ($4.99) and half-gallons ($7.50) will also be available.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday at in Redmond.
- Why Go: It's the opening weekend of Dr. Maze's Pumpkin Patch, where you can select your perfect pumpkins for the Halloween season. Dr. Maze's has pumpkins of all sizes, ranging from miniature cuties to monster pumpkins almost too heavy to lift. There are 16 varieties of pumpkins from which to choose. Be sure to pick up a pumpkin carving kit while you're there.
- Pricing: Check the Dr. Maze's Farm website for details on pricing.
- Where/When: 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, 2 p.m. on Sunday at the .
- Why Go: This wildly warm-hearted theatrical experience kicks off when the Music Hall Royale (a hilariously loony Victorian musical troupe) puts on its flamboyant rendition of the unfinished Dickens classic The Mystery of Edwin Drood. Enjoy the show!
- Pricing: Tickets $15-$20.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday in Issaquah
- Why Go: Celebrate salmon and the Pacific Northwest at this festival on Front Street and Sunset Way. There will be kids' activities, arts and crafts, live entertainment and a parade.
- Pricing: Admission is free.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday at .
- Why Go: It's raining books in Kirkland this weekend! Enjoy more than 50 author panels, hundreds of authors, writing and publishing workshops, family programs and more. Programs will be held at the Peter Kirk Community Center, Kirkland Performance Center, Kirkland Teen Union Building and Kirkland Library.
- Cost: Suggested donation is $5 per person and $10 per family.
- Where/When: 1 p.m. Saturday at Taste of Amazing in Redmond.
- Why Go: Taste of Amazing of Redmond is hosting a free Family Fun Day this Saturday. Come and enjoy free treats, free fun and free samples of gourmet food.
- Pricing: Free.