It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Redmond Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-with-work-get-me-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new places to explore.
- Where/When: Thursday through Sunday at .
- Why Go: For any Jazz or Blues fans out there, this event is huge. The festival will feature a plethora of northwest jazz and blues musicians performing all weekend long. Headlining performances for the festival include Chris Potter’s Underground and the Michael Formanek Quartet on Thursday, the Tierney Sutton Band and the Luis Perdomo Trio on Friday, the Charles Lloyd Quartet featuring Zakir Hussain on Saturday, and the Seattle Repertory Jazz Orchestra on Sunday.
- Cost: Prices vary for each night; check out our for detailed ticket pricing information.
- Where/When: 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Friday at .
- Why Go: Looking to get a little excitement out of your Friday night? Head over to Marymoor Park and catch the first Friday race of the Marymoor Velodrome 2011 season. Watch these world class athletes compete under the spotlights from the stands or you can hang out in the grassy lawn. There's even a beer garden for adult refreshments. Curious about what you'll see? Check out from last week's final pre-season race.
- Cost: Admission rate is $5 per person. Kids 16 and under are free. Beer garden opens at 7 p.m.
- Where/When: June 2 to June 12 at the . (check our for a complete schedule)
- Why Go: The Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF) has been going on since mid-May, but this weekend you'll finally be able to check it out a little closer to home. The Kirkland Performance Center will be screening films daily through June 12. This weekend's lineup of films showing at the KPS include The Bengali Detective and Hooked on Friday, The Sound of Mumbai: A Musical, PresPausePlay, The White Meadows and Gromozeka on Saturday, and A Cat in Paris, Hurricane Kalatozov, Something Ventured and 71 – Into the Fire on Sunday.
- Pricing: Tickets vary by venue and film; visit the SIFF website for more information.
- Where/When: 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday at .
- Why Go: Join SecondStory Repertory for the opening weekend of their newest production, On Golden Pond. SecondStory always puts on a great show, and this production should be no different. Can't make it this weekend? On Golden Pond will be showing through the last weekend of June with Sunday matinees on June 12 and 19.
- Cost: Tickets are $25.
- Where/When: 5 p.m. Sunday at .
- Why Go: If you're looking to wind down from the weekend craziness by catching game 3 of the NBA Finals this Sunday, Daman's is probably your safest bet locally. They have several TV's scattered throughout the bar and plenty seating. So grab some friends and head out to Daman's for some drinks, food and hopefully a great basketball game.
- Cost: No cover. Check out their online menu for food and drink prices.