It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Redmond Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-with-work-get-me-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new places to explore.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday at , 15410 NE 124th St. in Redmond
- Why Go: Cloudy skies got you down? Embrace fall with the unveiling of Dr. Maze's new Honeybee Corn Maze this weekend. The 5½-acre maze, dubbed a "maze of mazes," contains multiple mazes of various difficulty levels. The farm will also be offering a variety of other family-friendly activities, including rubber duck races, a kids' craft table, live music and more. Check out the Dr. Maze website for a complete schedule.
- Pricing: Admission to the corn maze is $7. Other activities range from free to $8. Click here for a full pricing list.
- Where/When: 1 to 3:30 p.m. Friday at the , 8703 160th Ave. NE in Redmond
- Why Go: Come celebrate the release of the Sophisticated Swing Band's first-ever CD at the Redmond Senior Center. The 18-piece swing and jazz band has been a standard at the senior center for more than 20 years and plays old favorites from the '30s, '40s and '50s in the big-band style of Glenn Miller and Benny Goodman. The party will take place at the senior center's regular Friday dance.
- Pricing: CD's are available for a $12 donation. All proceeds benefit programs at the Redmond Senior Center.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday at , 7525 166th Ave. NE in Redmond
- Why Go: Who doesn't like the sound of "free"? Good Fest is the mall's biggest kids' festival of the year and features live entertainment, train rides, a scavenger hunt and more. Click here for a lineup of performers and activities.
- Pricing: Free
- 14300 NE 145th St. in Woodinville.
- Why Go: Redhook is destined to put the fun back into 30th birthday parties this Saturday as the brewery hosts a performance from '80s throwback band Devo and serves up pints of its Extra Special Birthday Beer. Other performers include the Psychedelic Furs, Tom Tom Club and Mitten. Tasty beer will, of course, be flowing all evening long.
- Pricing: Advance tickets are $30 or you can pay $40 at the gate. Click here to purchase.
- Where/When: Noon on Saturday at the Seattle Fishermen's Terminal, 1900 W. Nickerson St. in Seattle
- Why Go: Come say farewell to local icon J.P. Patches as he gives one last performance to longtime fans. The beloved children's entertainer will be retiring because of health issues following this last public appearance.
- Pricing: Admission is free