It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Redmond Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new places to explore.
Is there something we missed? Let us know by sharing the event details in the comments section.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at the in Redmond
- Why Go: Walk the trails of the preserve, help with a forest restoration project, and learn more about the natural history of the preserve. Meet at the parking lot on the south side of the park off Novelty Hill Road. Remember to dress for the weather and wear sturdy shoes.
- Pricing: Free. If you would like to join a walk, contact Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where/When: 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday at
- Why Go: Redmond High School Theatre Arts invites the community to the opening weekend of its newest production, Little Shop of Horrors. The play tells the comedic story of a man-eating plant named Audrey and her keeper, Seymour. The show features the lyrics of Howard Ashman and music by Alan Menken.
- Pricing: Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for children.
- Where/When: 7:30 p.m. Friday, 2:30 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday at ’s Fulton Performing Arts Center.
- Why Go: Join The Overlake School as it presents the All-School Musical 2012, Children of Eden. The play is loosely based on the first nine chapters of Genesis. It tells a story, as old as mankind, about human nature, love, families and the relationship between parents and children.
- Pricing: $8 for adults and $5 for children, students and seniors.
- Where/When: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Friday at in Redmond.
- Why Go: Looking for a new and exciting brew? Stop by Malt & Vine for its weekly beer tasting event. There won’t be a brewery visiting this week, but Malt & Vine has promised to make the tasting a fun and unique experience.
- Pricing: Tasting fee is $1.
- Where/When: 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at the Apple Farm Village Shopping Center in Woodinville.
- Why Go: Visit the Apple Farm Village Shopping Center for an evening of excellent wine, food, music and art. Enjoy tasting the high quality wines produced by Cougar Crest Winery, Zerba Cellars and Otis Kenyon Wine in a festival atmosphere. Listen to the musicians performing in each of the three tasting rooms. View the works of professional visual artists. Experience pairing specialty foods with the wines at each establishment.
- Pricing: $25 per person or free for wine club members.
- Where/When: First Friday of every month at the Bellevue Arts Museum.
- Why Go: If you foresee a visit to the Bellevue Arts Museum anytime in your near future, you might as well make it happen this Friday—admission is free! On top of free admission to all the current exhibits at the museum, you'll also have the opportunity to sit in on special workshops and lectures throughout the day. Visit theBAM event calendar for more information.
- Pricing: Free.
- Where/When: 7:30 p.m. Friday at the .
- Why Go: Come out to the KPC as Italy's three most successful solo guitarists unite to create a concert experience like no other. Pino Forastiere, Stefano Barone and Sergio Altamura will be slamming, banging and plucking their instruments in ways you couldn’t imagine. Here’s a sneak peak of what you’re in for. Enjoy the show!
- Pricing: $30-$35.