Love is in the air and Cupid’s arrow is primed and ready for the Valentine season in Redmond, according to a city of Redmond newsletter sent out last week. In preparation for Feb. 14, the city of Redmond has provided a list of local options they say are great for the local economy, come back to you in the form of city services, reduce traffic and help the environment.
Here is a list of Valentine’s ideas you can find in Redmond:
- Make your reservations now for one of Redmond’s fantastic restaurants.
- Take your sweetheart to a movie or play. (Chicago is playing at Second Story Rep on weekends in February.)
- Order your flowers early or pick up a great arrangement at a Redmond grocer.
- Who doesn’t love a gift card for a massage or salon visit?
- Stay home and prepare a special dinner by candlelight. Visit a variety of specialty shops in Redmond and put together your own Redmond themed meal. A steak from the Bill the Butcher, bottle of wine from Trader Joe’s, salad dressing with olive oil and vinegar from Paradiso EVOO, and maybe a variety of root beers from The Root Beer Store – just to throw out a few ideas.
- Enjoy a “staycation” in one of Redmond’s five beautiful hotels.
- And, don’t forget the chocolates (or other sweet delights!)