The 21 Acres School has announced its class offerings for late summer and fall.
The non-profit school offers continuing education classes that focus on sustainable agriculture, home energy and water conservation, tools for local economic development, and quality of life improvements for the community.
The 21 Acres School offers both multi-day series courses and individual elective classes in three key areas: Growing, Eating and Living. Faculty members are recognized as experts in diverse issues related to sustainability. Courses are designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the subject matter.
Elective classes are offered on an individual basis and are designed to provide an introduction to topics. Courses take place in the new green-built Center for Local Food and Sustainable Living located at 13701 NE 171st, Woodinville.
Core courses and classes for late summer and fall include:
- Successful Composting Basics, Wednesday, Aug. 29
- Ambitious Vegetable Gardening: Fall is the Shoulder Season for Growing, Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 8 and 9
- Organic Homebrewing & Cider Making 101, presented by Tilth Producers of Washington and 21 Acres as part of Washington Organic Week, Wednesday, Sept. 12
- Cookbook Lovers Series, Friday, Sept. 14
- Successful Beekeeping for Puget Sound Backyards: Preparing the Hive for Winter, Saturday, Sept. 15
- Fall Gardening for Spring Beauty Next Year, Sept. 19
- Solar Home Design, Sept. 22 and 29
- Wonderful Plants for Winter Color, Sept. 29
- Green Design Choices that Save Green, Tuesday, Oct. 9
- The Changing Family Household—Plans for Flexibility, Tuesday, Oct. 16
- Sustainable Garden Design, Oct. 7
- What Makes a Building Green?, Friday Brown Bag lunch series: Nov. 2, 9, 16, 30 & Dec. 7
- And the continuing Culinary Class Program, various times; on-going.
Some core courses require enrollment in the 21 Acres School. Registration fees vary per course/class. Discounts may apply.
The 21 Acres School offers a Sustainability Certificate Program. Some courses and classes are eligible for continuing education units (CEUs). For more information about the Certificate Program please visit 21acres.org. For more details about the upcoming schedule visit 21acres.org/school or find information on Facebook and Twitter @21acres.
—Information from 21 Acres School