It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Redmond Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new places to explore.
Let us know what we missed in the comments box below.
- Where/When: 7 p.m. on Friday at in Redmond.
- Why Go: Behind the Lens: A Celebration of Youth Film-Making features a panel discussion of teens and adults in the film industry and a screening of panelists’ work, along with networking opportunities with local film organizations. This event is in preparation for MOHAI’s upcoming annual film competition “History Is _____”. Learn more about MOHAI’s film competition at seattlehistory.org/films
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: 9 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the .
- Why Go: Grab the kids and come to the Redmond Senior Center this Saturday morning for a delicious breakfast and your chance to meet Santa!
- Pricing: $12 for adults and $9 for children ages 3-17. Children 2 and younger are free with a paying adult. Tickets will be $15 (adults) and $12 (kids) on the day of the event (space permitting).
- Where/When: 10 a.m. on Saturday at .
- Why Go: Join GoGirlGo! Seattle and the City of Redmond for a screening of Finding Kind, a documentary on the effects of bullying in the female world. Because of the strong subject matter, the screening is recommended for parents and daughters (ages 10 and up). Check out this trailer for the film now to get a sense of the project.
- Pricing: Tickets are $10 pre-sale. Visit http://gogirlgo.eventbrite.com/. If still available, $15 at the door.
- Where/When: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday at the office in the Bella Bottega Shopping Center
- Why Go: Help make a difference at Coldwell Banker’s 10th-annual “Toys for Tots” toy drive event this Saturday. Bring a new unwrapped toy to the Marines at our collection site and have your picture taken with the Marines and their Humvee.
- Pricing: Free.
- Where/When: 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, 2 p.m. on Sunday at in Redmond.
- Why Go: SecondStory Repertory is proud to present an all-ages production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat just in time for the holiday season. This uplifting musical for the whole family tells the Biblical story of Joseph found in the book of Genesis. With its colorful cast of characters and catchy musical score, this is a show you won’t want to miss.
- Pricing: Tickets are $25 for adults and $20 for students, seniors and educators.