Firefighters responded Tuesday morning to a small blaze in a vacant storefront in the 17200 block of Redmond Way, according to Jim Bove, spokesman for the .
The fire broke out at around 10 a.m. in an empty space near Safeway that is being renovated into a Yogurtland store, Bove said. An old dryer vent with lint in it apparently caught on fire while construction was being done inside the shop, he said.
The blaze was quickly extinguished when fire crews arrived, Bove said. No injuries were reported, and damage to the space was minimal, he said.
Construction crews expect to resume work on the storefront later this morning, Bove said.
Editor's note: An earlier version of this story incorrectly stated the fire took place inside a former Lane Bryant store. Lane Bryant is in fact still open at 17256 Redmond Way. Redmond Patch regrets the error.