.

Redmond and Eastside Firefighters Battle House Fire in Sammamish

A house fire Saturday night in the Heritage Hills neighborhood left two people temporarily homeless. The blaze was caused by a barbecue grill that was not fully extinguished, fire officials said.

A Saturday night house fire in Sammamish in the Heritage Hills area has left two people temporarily homeless, according to Eastside Fire Battalian Chief Glenn Huffman.

At approximately 11 p.m. Saturday, a woman who lives at NE 26th Place awoke and saw a glow coming from the backyard. When she saw it was a fire, she woke up her husband, who reportedly tried without success to put the fire out using a garden hose.

Firefighters were called at 11:10 p.m. and flames were fully visible from the house when they arrived. The fire, started by a barbecue grill that had not been fully extinguished, had moved from the back porch to a second story bedroom and attic, Huffman said. Eastside and Redmond firefighters worked to contain the fire for more than four hours with seven fire engines, a ladder truck and an air unit. The couple evacuated the home and no one was injured, Huffman said.

The bulk of the fire and smoke damage was reportedly done to exterior and second floor and the damage was estimated at $75,000 for the house and $75,000 for property. The American Red Cross was assisting the couple, Huffman said.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something