The will hold a at 6 p.m. June 27.
The class will take place at the RPD station, located at 8701 160th Ave. NE. The instruction will focus on crime prevention and will be proactive rather than reactive. Self-defense skills will not be taught.
Some of the featured topics include:
- How to prevent becoming the victim of assault or robbery
- Potentially dangerous situations and how to avoid them
- How to handle "road rage" and prevent accidents
- The pros and cons of weapons for personal security
- How to make a safety plan
The class is suitable for women and girls who are 15 years old or older. To sign up, email Officer Michael Dowd at firstname.lastname@example.org.