The Redmond Police Department will hold a women's personal safety class at 6 p.m. on Sept. 27.
The class will take place at the RPD station, located at 8701 160th Ave. NE. The instruction will focus on crime prevention and will be proactive rather than reactive. Self-defense skills will not be taught.
Some of the featured topics include:
- How to prevent becoming the victim of assault or robbery
- Potentially dangerous situations and how to avoid them
- How to handle "road rage" and prevent accidents
- The pros and cons of weapons for personal security
- How to make a safety plan
The class is suitable for women and girls who are 15 years old or older. To sign up, email Officer Michael Dowd at firstname.lastname@example.org.