A balloon release and candlelight vigil is being organized for Sky Metalwala, the Redmond toddler missing since November, according to LostNMissing, a charity that assists families of missing people.
The group is organizing the event with the law firm representing Sky's father, Solomon Metalwala of Kirkland, according to the group.
The event will be at 5:30 p.m. Feb. 18 at , 10301 NE Fourth Street, according to the group's blog.
Sky has been missing since November, when his mother, Julia Biryukova, told police that she left him in the car early one Sunday on a Bellevue street after she ran out of gas. However, police could not corroborate her story, and said that it had been at least two weeks prior to his disappearance since anyone apart of Biryukova had seen the boy.
, Biryukova and Solomon Metwalwala. Solomon Metalwala .
Since the reported disappearance, Biryukova has refused to talk directly to the Bellevue Police Department, her car was found to be in working order and . Police have not named anyone a "person of interest," and the investigation continues.
Sky Elijah Metalwala
- Age 2, 2’10” tall, 39 pounds, black hair, brown eyes.
- Sky was last seen on Nov. 6, 2011, in the 2600 block of 112th Ave. NE, Bellevue, WA.
- He was last seen wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt, black and aqua blue sweatpants and white socks.
- Sky was in a silver 1998 Acura Integra three-door coupe when he disappeared.
- Police ask anyone who has information at the case to please call the Bellevue Police tip line at 425-577-5656 or email firstname.lastname@example.org