The City of Redmond has debuted a new online zoning code and property viewing system and will hold a at 7:30 a.m. Sept. 6 at .
The GIS map-based service enables users to look up individual parcels by address, taxpayer name, zoning code and more. Key features of the new system, as listed in a city news release, include the ability to:
- Link directly from a property to applicable zoning regulations
- Map where a use is allowed and link to applicable regulations
- Map zones, critical areas, and other key code provisions
- View and research commercial properties for sale or lease
- Share code citations through social media
- View definitions as pop-ups
- View embedded user guides and interpretations
- Get better search results with “best bets”
- Retrieve previous versions of the code
- Export code to PDF
- Trust that the code is up to date
Click here to go to the city's zoning code portal and find a link to the new mapping service.
Next week's event will include remarks by city officials, a live demonstration of the new system and breakfast refreshments. One-on-one training will also be available.
For more information, check out the or the city's news release.