A preservation project has restored Redmond's historic Odd Fellows rings and returned them to the front façade of the old Odd Fellows Hall on Leary Way.
The project was a collaborative effort involving the City of Redmond Heritage Grant Program, Seattle-based Artech Fine Arts Services and Redmond's Bar and Grill, which currently occupies the Odd Fellows building.
The three rings are the symbol of the Independent Order of Odd Felows, and, according to a city news release, represent friendship, love and truth. The wooden structure that adorns Redmond's Odd Fellows building was restored by Artech in an extensive process that included wood treatment and new coating, paints and sealant.
Built in 1906, the historic building is a designated city landmark and has served a variety purposes over the years. It housed the city's first movie venue, fraternal lodges for the Redmond Eagles and Odd Fellows, and was a popular dance hall when Bill Brown's Saloon (now The Matador) closed during prohibition.
Tim Short opened Redmond's Bar and Grill in the space last year.
To learn more about the Odd Fellows Hall and the restoration process, visit the city's website. Additional historic information can also be obtained through the Redmond Historical Society or by contacting Kimberly Dietz at 425-556-2415 or email@example.com.
—Information from City of Redmond web pages and Redmond Patch archives