Time is slipping away! Register now for the 2013 Polar Plunge benefitting Special Olympics Washington on Saturday, March 16th at Idlywood Park - St. Pattie’s Day themed! Photos from past plunges, video from last year, and registration for this event can be found at: www.redmond.gov/PublicSafety/Police/special_olympics.
GOOD NEWS! You do NOT need to plunge to help. You can help Special Olympics one of four ways:
1. Register and raise funds as a plunger (come on, it’s FUN!).
2. Register and raise funds as a member of the “Chicken Coop” (as in, you’re too chicken to plunge)
3. Virtual registration – you register and raise money for Special Olympics Washington but don’t attend the event.
4. Show up, have fun, and cheer us on—lots o’ fun to be had.
You need only raise $50 minimum to participate and begin receiving prizes, however, you can go much further for a great reason.
You can also start a team—there’s not an easier way to build community among colleagues, neighborhoods, apartment complexes, faith communities, etc. Have fun with it, bring the kids, and be creative (for example, only plunge if people help you raise a certain amount, “Toss the Boss” if you supervise anyone—get them to help raise money, challenge another person or group to see who raises the most money, etc.).
Confirmed guests this year:
- Movin’ 92.5 DJ Mason will be our emcee
- Lunch for participants from Jimmy Johns
- Coffee/hot chocolate from Starbucks
- Le Rendez-vous French Bakery & Cafe’
- Trophies and prizes for top fund raisers and best costumes
- Post Plunge Party hosted by JJ Mahoney’s
- Plus more surprises! J
Remember-all proceeds go to Special Olympics Washington! For further information, please contact email@example.com.